FACTS ABOUT THE GC FOUNDATION
• 620 KIDS AGES 3-14 IN DEVELOPMENT CENTERS
• 20,000+ PATIENTS SEEN IN TOTAL HEALTH CLINICS
• 52 EMPLOYEES IN 22 PROJECTS IN 8 CITIES
• MICROLOANS, PRODUCTION, TORTILLA FACTORY, HOUSING, CARPENTRY, QUILTING
• HIV SELF SUPPORT GROUPS
• MORE THAN $500,000 INVESTED IN INDIVUALS, FAMILY AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EACH YEAR
• LOCAL CHURCH LED - SHORT TERM MISSION TEAMS ENGAGE- MENT TO EXECUTE
Your Story Matters
In September 2014 the CDI in Barrio Mexico San Jose, Costa Rica started serving the community.
Our goal is to minister to the soul, the mind and the body of a population that has been forgotten and underserved. We believe that the message of Jesus Christ can transform lives.
We are a church located in the heart of the pain and troubles of Costa Rica’s capital city. Our district deals with problems such as overpopulated ‘cuarterias’ (single family rooms), prostitution, homelessness, home alone kids, youth with no purpose in life, neither study, neither work, broken families.
As we serve them, we have attracted community leaders and business leaders who want to make a difference and that has empowered our church.
Staffed with nine committed Christians and several part time teachers and volunteers and partners.
As we partner with schools, churches, organizations and ocal authorities, we discover and identify needs and opportunities. We seek to continue and expand courses and programs such as:
• Computer Skills
• Home Improvement
• Conversational English
• Small Business Development
• Food Handling Certificate
• High School Equivalency Diploma
• Public School Development
• Police Force: Ethics and Values
• Sex Ed and Awareness for kids, teacher and parents
• Leadership Development
• Music and Arts for Youth
• Youth Retreats
Each program requires an investment of $7,500 on average and serves about 25 people